Wednesday, August 02, 2006

June: Where did it go? July: Huh?

So, yeah, June and July have been pretty busy for me. It does show here, right? No posts or updates of any sort? Well, yeah, pretty busy.

July was the month that I have been privileged to achieve my pseudo-promotion. Well, it is a promotion but has the same monetary compensation. This is the Tier 2 to Tier 3 kind of promotion. You get a new set of responsibilities, mind you; these are the tasks that, as the client refer to it, "the end of the line", for escalations for our account, and yet pay's the same. Another thing is NO more SAVEs incentives. So I say goodbye to impulsive buying, for now. What the heck, I'M NOT STRESSED. That's something I don't think money can buy.

I've been joining the PlanetZips crew every Sunday afternoon in Valle 1 for, you've guessed it right, zips (or poi). I've been at it for a month and a half already (on and off). I haven't been attending regularly though but I must say, our batch is quite good. We're promising. Paulino said so. LoL. I'll take it from the pro with this one. This zips thing has done wonders for me. I can remember the first day I attended. I didn't want to go. I was dead tired even if I didn't do anything strenuous before that. It was the time of the year when I was just putting my best effort but nothing was going right. I was indeed down. A couple of hours after that, lo and behold, I felt I was reborn. (Yeah, here’s a testimonial for the PlanetZips crew). I felt the adrenalin back in my veins. I felt that I could do anything I wanted. I was just pumped up. Thank God, this euphoria still lingers until this very moment.

I've also been getting my feet in management. No, I didn't take classes. I have been trying to get a few internal interviews for a true blue promotion. I've been thinking of becoming a supervisor for the company. I, helping people reach the pinnacle of their career maturity, that's what I'm planning on doing. It started with the ramp up of other accounts in the company. Friends and acquaintances applied and deservingly got the position. It did cross my mind that I too will be able to be efficient with the position. So I had to take the first step, completing the internal job application form which basically is a list of achievements within the company and a brief explanation why you are interested and qualified for the job. With that, I needed to answer a 5 question sheet focusing on being a supervisor. It was like high school term paper week all over again. It was going to be fun but I didn't know where to start. Luckily, I had an angel start it up for me. Ideas, gist, terminologies were all served on a silver platter for me to consume. They are all for my disposal. After a week of cramming, editing, and a dozen proof-reading, I had with me my official IJAF and needed requirements. I was on my way.

The plan was for me to try out for supervisory positions with other accounts in the company since there were a lot, as in everybody was growing. Then I heard that our own little account was also in need of “guides” for our agents. So I just submitted my application for that position, right before the deadline ended. I had some mock interviews with people who were willing to share their time for my benefit (and I did get a lot of tips from you, thanks again). So it was time to wait for the interview itself.

As far as I can remember, my interview was initially scheduled for a Thursday morning at 5:00 AM. Next thing I knew, it became a Friday morning, same time. Unfortunately (to my stress level's bursting limit), it got rescheduled again for Tuesday morning, same time. (That weekend in between those days were hell for me. All I could think about was that interview. How it will go, how I'll do, will I flunk, stammer, grasp for words, and worst of all, mind go blank). Moving on, the interview came. It was no big deal. I think I intelligently answered all necessary questions. The thing is, it could've been better. People say that it's usually the case with interviews but this one, I know that I've could’ve done much better. Oh well, I went with all of this for the experience anyway and that chance to be considered as well. At this point, there has been no announcement yet. It’s still a waiting game. I'm not expecting anything though. Hoping that it will be me, yes, but expecting, no.

While I'm waiting (goes true for all the other 7 applicants), I'm just thinking about other aspects of my life: family, friends, myself, etc. It's like I'm sticky noting things I can think of and just posting it on a random wall of my thoughts. There's no organization at all. At least, everything's being taken care of in one go. How sloppy, I know. It's efficient nevertheless, for me.

So, that's how most of my June and July went. No details. It sucks. Better do a better job of blogging my thoughts more often.

No comments: