Monday, May 22, 2006

Coffee Shops and Friends

Good friends are hard to find. I have a handful. I am blessed.

I just got home from Starbucks, Tomas Morato. I went out with some of my good and long time friends. Gerard, Ron, Czar, and I haven't seen each other for a couple of weeks now. It was a long overdue meet up. The last time I saw them was when we were in Boracay. In Ron's case, 2 weeks before the Boracay trip. Earlier, Jason and Chris were with us at Figaro, Brick Road. They had to be on their way since they had other things to do. It was nice seeing them anyway, even if it was quite brief.

Being with them assured me of our eternal bond. I just couldn't help but smile when snippets of our past were brought up. We were talking about being all grown-up; how that particular Starbucks brought back many fond memories; how it built each ones character. I still felt the familiar calmness that always gave me strength. They will still be there to watch my back for me.




A particular conversation earlier stuck with me till now. Gerard was telling me about his latest adventure. He met this guy that he said was so into him. Unfortunately, it was not mutual. So the text messages were not returned; that was for a week's time. One of the last messages that was sent to him said, “The things you do to people around you now is the reason why you are still single.” I just thought, the truth of that statement should have left a mark in Gerard. It was one of the things that he longs for, I guess. Sharing his life with another person is what he lacks. It is what he misses. He then admitted that all of the people that touched his life, in that way, were remembered. A couple of them did a real number to him. I just wish his dry spell ceases sooner than later.

Czar also brought up something near that department. It was like a plot from some TV soap. His date had a best friend of an ex that had an acquaintance with his ex and then he met the ex that had a grudge on him before then they became friends. The story was somewhere on that line. It was quite amusing to know that stories like that are indeed real and not just stirred up from one's imagination. It made me think how wide his friend network was. Czar and his acquaintances, I guess it was from all the dating he has been keeping himself busy with. Good for him.




I'm now looking forward to meeting with them again. It was one of our weekly rituals before. Unfortunately, it seemed to stop. Work and other social obligations are just piling up for each one of us. Even if that is the case, I know that the next time, they will still be my good and long time friends. Kudos to us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joel said...

Ger, why'd you delete your comment? I know, there was a typo right?! Hehe.. Post something back. Will be waiting for it.

Unknown said...

Honestly, I cant remember, anyway, i finally got myself time to edit my blog. It took me almost 5 hours of "trial and error" editing just to get it look like what it looks like now.

When are gonna post ulit? Its been ages ah...

hope to read a new post from yah... and check out my blog ah...

c yah!