Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Magical Week

I just had dinner and decided to get some coffee. It’s quite early to get ready for work. I still have like an hour and a half to do anything I like. A cup of coffee in hand, I went to my room and started up my computer. The first thing I always do is open my iTunes. I decided to listen to Give It Away by Deepest Blue. My mind raced back a couple of days ago when I was lounging around at Cocomangas in Boracay. The stars were just awesome.

The last time I was in Boracay was 6 years ago. I went there with my family. It was when we felt like touring the Philippines. Boracay was one of our destinations. It didn’t fail our expectations. I decided to be back. That dream came true just a couple of days ago.

We had a whole week to be there. I was with the people I really hold dear in my heart. It was magical to say the least. Being there felt like home. We ate, we drank, we gazed, we got burned, we lounged around, we ate again, we slept, we swam, and we ate some more. It was paradise at its best. Everything was perfect.

To tell you honestly, while I was there, it didn't seem like that. It was all normal; nothing registered out of the ordinary. It's just now that I really appreciate the intense beauty of the place. It's just now when I'm about to be struck by reality again in a couple of hours that I envy “the me” just sitting on a bean bag by the sand. I can still hear the rustle of the coconut leaves and the whispering waves hitting the sand.

I will be back again, that's for sure. Until then, I'll just have this song to remind me of that magical week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes... we will be back...

Unknown said...

hey... share the codes.... :)