Monday, May 22, 2006

My Typical Weekend

Today is a Sunday. We just finished having dinner. The feeling was quite similar. It was nothing out of the ordinary. I mean that with good intentions. It was just my mom, my sister, my brother, our help, and me, all sitting around the table, eating in intermittent silence. It was our thing, I guess. We don't talk too often while eating, unless we have a guest around. Times like these, we just enjoy the food that was served. Once in a while, someone starts a conversation. Usually it is about a movie that one saw, a controversial move by the government, or sometimes, it’s just as silly as a caterpillar crawling my sister's shirt. I treasure these moments. I always feel our contentment in being together, even if it is just at weekends.

This is one of the hassles of working at odd hours. You miss your family more often than you like.

Yesterday's events are turning to be routine. After my shift, I grab a few bottles of beer with officemates. After that, I meet him and we go to their house. There, we just hang around with his roommates. I get to know him a little more every time I'm there. It always surprises me. Thanks to the help of his trust-worthy best friend, I get to peek what he was like before which makes me understand him better. It may have been becoming a routine but I am learning to love every minute of it. In fact, I think that's how I’d like it to be.

In a couple of minutes, I will be meeting some friends for coffee. It's one of the things we do best, just hang around. I assume we'll be talking about the movie they just watched. We'll also be touching the subject of some friends we know, how they've been, what happened when we last saw them. I think it will be fun, as usual.

Tomorrow will be a brand new day. I'll be meeting him for dinner. It is a special occasion for us. It's the fourth month.

I caught up with my reading earlier. I'm now half way The Guardian. It's starting to get creepy. This is the exciting part. I must say, from what I have already read, it's not half bad. It made me feel a handful of emotions. And I was indeed caught up with what was happening.

So, today's a Sunday. My weekend is almost up. It is just more than 24 hours before work starts again. Have I done anything worth talking about? This is a typical weekend anyway.

No comments: