Saturday, October 07, 2006

Alone In The Metro (Reprise)

Reading back through the post, I realized that I just couldn’t expect that much from most of the people I know. It’s not that I’m blaming them for not keeping me company. It’s just that I thought, deep down inside, they’ll be there when I need them. Of course, no one is at fault. They have their own lives and I have my own. Bottom line is, I need to relearn how to be independent.

I was able to get in a cab around an hour after I wrote the post. I was dead tired. A good thing was Mr. Cab Driver was kind enough to sense that I was dead tired and he got all the necessary information to navigate our way to our village’s gate. I almost slept through the whole cab ride.

I woke up with the sound of rain crashing against the cab’s windows. We were almost at my village’s gates. I got some money from my wallet. I gave Mr. Cab Driver a generous tip. I then felt the world was against me when I saw that I had to wait in line in the pouring rain in the tricycle terminal. This was the first time I had to do that in my 17 months of stay in our village. I was groggy. I still don’t know what made me stand for another 10 minutes in the cold rain. But I did. I triumphed.

The next thing I knew, I was late for our last practice. I immediately stood up from bed and grabbed a much needed cup of coffee.

No comments: